JAVA™ Scripting - Process Automation
Course Duration: 2 Days
- Users should be proficient in STAR-CCM+ (No STAR-CCM+ basics will be covered).
- Users should have a good grasp of programming fundamentals.
- JAVA™ knowledge is useful, but not required
Who Should Attend
If you are an experienced STAR-CCM+ user and wish to integrate automated engineering processes then this course provides you the tools to achieve your goal.
The objective of this course is to provide analysis engineers with the ability to integrate computational automation into their engineering processes through the use of the powerful JAVA™ scripting functionality in STAR-CCM+. In achieving automation of engineering processes, analysts can expect rapid streamlining of engineering design procedures allowing both an increase in the number of design cycles and more exploratory use of the powerful STAR-CCM+ engineering toolset.
This course will cover:
- Brief introduction to JAVA™ fundamentals
- Scope of Scripting in STAR-CCM+
- Illustration of scripting in STAR-CCM+ using a mixture of lectures and tutorials
- JAVA™ basics are covered whenever they are used
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
- Arrays, Flow Structures, Collections
- Exception Handling and Garbage Collection
- File I/O
- Macros in STAR-CCM+
- Recording, editing and playing macros within STAR-CCM+
- The STAR-CCM+ JAVA™ API
- Tutorials for meshing and physics setup, post processing and running
- Reading mesh settings and boundary conditions from a file
- Putting everything together in an overarching macro
- Calling macros from within a macro
- Calling compiled macros placed in a different location
- Maintenance of STAR-CCM+ macros
- Workflow changes
- Deprecated methods
- Removed classes
- Introduction to NetBeans™
- Brief introduction to the NetBeans™ environment and its advantages.
- All tutorials illustrate the use of NetBeans™ for editing and modifying macros